© Blazehill Capital 2022
INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE / INVESTMENT MANAGER
Due to ongoing expansion within Blazehill Capital, we are seeking a new Investment Associate / Investment Manager to join the investment team.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a fast, dynamic and growing credit fund.
The Investment Associate / Investment Manager will work directly with the wider investment team, assisting with credit analysis, underwriting and execution of new transactions.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a transactions, lending or an advisory role and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask and have strong organisational capabilities.
Due diligence, credit analysis and underwriting
- Assess new opportunities including review of financial information and investment memorandums, conduct initial analysis, and summarise key findings for wider team consideration
- Participate in meetings with advisors and management teams to discuss potential opportunities
- Financial due diligence including cash flow modelling and sensitivity analysis
- Collateral due diligence including reviewing asset appraisal reports, considering sector, legal and commercial factors that may impact on recoverability of collateral
- Highlight key credit risks and risk mitigants
- Assess likely exit options and potential recoveries in each scenario
- Preparation of credit papers for credit committee and participating in credit committee meetings
- Prepare indicative proposals, term sheets, and offer letters
- Support the deal team in negotiations of key commercial terms via analysis to identify optimal deal structure
- Assist in the preparation of legal documentation via reviewing documentation and liaising with legal advisors
- Work closely with internal and external advisors (collateral, financial, legal, M&A, tax, pensions) and help manage the various workstreams
- Support with KYC and client onboarding processes
- Support on-going portfolio management over the lifecycle including review of client monthly MI reports, ongoing 3rd party valuation outputs and other key information
- Assist in preparing portfolio updates to be included in monthly board packs
- Explore exit options and realisation strategies, working closely with external advisors and restructuring specialists
- Assist with any other portfolio management operations as required
- Support origination of debt financing opportunities
- Join meetings with advisors and management teams to discuss new opportunities, product offering and explore potential solutions
- Opportunity to develop own contact and introducer network
- Research industry and companies, sourcing ideas to generate potential new business opportunities
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA or equivalent qualification with 1-2 years of post qualification work experience in a transaction, lending, or advisory role at a reputable firm
- Significant experience reviewing, and preparing financial models and other key financial information
- Advanced capability with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluent in written and spoken English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, reliable, and driven to deliver results
- Willingness to learn with ability to embrace and adapt in fast changing environment